The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform is a media creation and management tool that has been adopted as the technology behind UCI’s Replay system for lecture capture and other instructional media creation and distribution.
The UCI Replay – YuJa service offers a range of tools to deliver media-centric or media-enhanced learning experiences.
- Software-based lecture capture allows the instructor to:
- Start, pause, and stop class recordings on-demand
- Upload existing media content directly to the Library for distribution
- Full integration with Canvas allows instructors to quickly share a video directly from the YuJa Media Chooser or publish to the class from within the YuJa Media Library
- Automatic closed captioning and slide text recognition is provided for each recording and used for full video search and semantic topic analysis
- Web-based video editor allows for trim-start, trim-end, section-cut, video insertion, text label insertion, and caption management
- YuJa Software Station is installed in every UCI Smart Classroom and can easily be downloaded to home or office computers
- Individual and class media libraries provide effective storage and retrieval of all video content
- Recordings are mobile-optimized for efficient media streaming on mobile devices