The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform offers a range of tools to deliver media-centric learning experiences for students in higher education:
- Software-based lecture capture allows the instructor to:
- Start, pause, and stop class recordings on demand
- Upload existing media content directly to the Library for distribution
- Full integration with Canvas allows instructors to quickly share a video directly from the YuJa Media Chooser or publish to the class from within the YuJa Media Library
- High-quality automatic closed captioning and slide text recognition is completed for each recording and is used for full video search and semantic topic analysis
- Web-based video editor allows for trim-start, trim-end, section-cut, video insertion, text label insertion, and caption management
- YuJa Software station is installed in every UCI Smart Classroom and can be easily downloaded to your home or office computer
- Individual and class media libraries are created for effective storage and retrieval of all video content
- Mobile-optimized video encoding for efficient media streaming on mobile devices
Recent Updates with the UCI YuJa Service
- Two rooms within Anteater Learning Pavillon (ALP 1300 and 2300) have YuJa Hardware Hubs installed with projector feed, video camera, instructor audio, and house audio.
- New YuJa Hardware Hubs are now available in SSLH 100 and ELH 100 to record projector feed and instructor audio.
- Our current list of large lecture halls with YuJa Hardware Hubs capable of automatically recording classes (upon request of instructor) now includes:
History of the UCI YuJa Pilot
- The YuJa Pilot has ended and OIT Leadership have approved our proposal.
- A Master Service Agreement has been signed and YuJa is now officially an enterprise media management and lecture capture service in use at UC Irvine.
- The YuJa Pilot is nearly complete (ends on June 30, 2018) and a recommendation for full adoption was submitted to OIT Leadership.
- The YuJa pilot with Paul Merage School of Business is now complete and they are moving forward with full YuJa integration this summer.
- The Media Chooser 2.0 script was deployed in EEE Canvas on June 25, 2018. This script will improve viewer analytics when a presentation is embedded.
- 2 new hardware hubs arrived. On June 25, 2018, 1 of the hubs was installed in SSLH 100. The other hub is being used for testing before deployment.
- 2 new hardware hubs have been ordered for the 400-seat classroom and the 250-seat classroom in the Anteater Learning Pavilion (opening Fall 2018).
- A new Video Tutorial called “Key differences between TechSmith Relay Recorders and YuJa Recorders” has been published.
- Funding for 2 additional YuJa Hardware Hubs was approved
- 2 YuJa Hardware Hubs have been ordered and should arrive by the end of April
- A survey is being created to collect feedback by instructors who have used YuJa for a class
- http://replay.uci.edu has been updated to include YuJa links
- A new Canvas integration script is being tested and should be deployed by June 19, 2018. The script will improve viewer analytics when a presentation is embedded.
- YuJa Software Station now installed on 135 Smart Classroom computers
- YuJa Hardware Hub deployed in 2 large lecture halls (McDonnell Douglas Engineering Auditorium and Bio Sci 3 1200)
- Instructors teaching in rooms with a YuJa Hardware Hub have been notified that automatic scheduled recordings are now possible
- Funding has been requested to add 2 more YuJa Hardware Hubs to our inventory
- A new UCI YuJa website has been officially launched at http://yuja.replay.uci.edu
- Full EEE Canvas integration is now complete. Instructors can now self-add YuJa to Course Navigation menu and the YuJa Media Chooser is always available
- Five new “Video Tutorials” have been posted on the UCI YuJa website
Based on positive user feedback, we are on track for full YuJa adoption as of July 1, 2018. We’ll know more after the YuJa Pilot Feedback Survey is complete.